Probably one of my favorite ways to serve salad is with some sort of fruit in it. When strawberries are in season, I slice them in half and toss them with crisp lettuce, creamy cheese and chicken or steak. The sweetness mixed with all of the other ingredients makes for a bowl of deliciousness.
This Spicy Chicken & Strawberry Salad would make a great weeknight meal. Broil the chicken with our Smoky Honey Habanero rub and while it's cooking, toss some greens, strawberries, crumbled bleu cheese and dice avocado. Make a quick vinaigrette (recipe below) and top with sliced chicken and dinner is served.
Smoky Honey Chicken Salad with Strawberries & Bleu Cheese
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Smoky Honey Habanero spice rub, divided
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 8 strawberries, washed, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup vinaigrette, see below
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken breasts with Smoky Honey Habanero rub and place on prepared baking sheet. Broil chicken for 5 minutes, turn and continue for another 3-5 minutes, or until done to your liking. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Tear the lettuce into pieces and divide among 2 plates or bowls. Top with avocado, strawberries, bleu cheese and sliced chicken. Drizzle with dressing or vinaigrette. Serve.