Thanksgiving Dressing never tasted so good!
HERBED BAGUETTE DRESSING
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 baguettes, store-bought or homemade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons Greek Freak Rub, divided
- 3 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 14-16 large crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-3 cups chicken or turkey stock, warm
- Preheat oven to 300º F. Cut baguette into 1-inch cubes and add to a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons Greek Freak rub and toss to coat the bread cubes. Turn out onto 2 large rimmed baking sheets and bake 20-25 minutes, or until bread cubes are lightly browned and dry. Remove and allow to cool in the baking sheets set on wire racks.
- Increase oven temperature to 350º F. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 1/2 butter and onions and reduce to medium heat. Cook until the onions are soft and deeply caramelized, about 40 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil, mushrooms, and celery. Cook until the mushrooms are browned and the celery is soft about 7-8 minutes. Add to the onion mixture and top with the toasted baguette cubes, 2 tablespoons Greek Freak rub, eggs, and stock. Toss to combine and transfer to a large baking dish coated in cooking spray, dot with more butter if desired. Cover with foil and bake 30-35 minutes. Increase the oven to 450º F, remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.